Official List of Philippines 2011 Holidays
Wow an early holiday gift from Malacanang and PNoy!!! Malacanang Palace announced the much anticipated list of Philippines 2011 Holiday. According to Batangas Today and Official Gazette, President Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino III, signed Proclamation No. 84 today December 20, 2010. Proclamation No. 84 is the announcement about the Regular Holidays, Special Non-Working Days and other 2011 Holiday in the Philippines.
The Regular Holidays for Year 2011:
- New Year’s Day – January 1 (Saturday)
- Araw ng Kagitingan – April 9 (Saturday)
- Maundy Thursday – April 21
- Good Friday – April 22
- Labor Day – May 1 (Sunday)
- Independence Day – June 12 (Sunday)
- National Heroes Day – August 29 (Last Monday of August)
- End of Ramadan (Eid’l Fitr) – August 30 (Tuesday)
- Bonifacio Day – November 30 (Wednesday)
- Christmas Day – December 25 (Sunday)
- Rizal Day – December 30 (Friday)
The Special Non-Working Days for Year 2011:
- Ninoy Aquino Day – August 21 (Sunday)
- All Saints Day – November 1 (Tuesday)
- Last Day of the Year – December 31 (Saturday)
February 25, the Anniversary of EDSA Revolution will be a Special Holiday for all schools only.
There will also be other holidays related to our Muslim brother’s celebration of Eid’l Fitr and Eidul Adha but as the date of these celebrations are not yet fixed, other announcement will surely follow and will be added to the list of 2011 holiday Philippines.
It is interesting to note that 5 out of the 10 regular holidays and 2 out of 3 of the special non-working days fall on a weekend (Saturday and Sunday). And this means there will be no more of that holiday economics of the previous administration.
For more details kindly visit the Official Gazette article in http://www.gov.ph/2010/12/20/proclamation-no-84/
June 20, 2011, a Monday is also declared as holiday (Jose Rizal 150 celebrations). For details kindly check this post.