I’ll be taking some blogging break for the holy week. I will travel to my beloved province and will stay there for the rest of the holy week. Will have some rest, catch up with old friends and spend quality time with the family.
It was reported that female suicide bombers attacked Moscow Subway during the rush hour Monday morning, March 29, 2010.
The first explosion occurred about at Lubyanka subway station near Central Moscow while a second explosion rocked the Park Kultury station some 30 to 45 minutes later. The Lubyanka station is near the Kremlin and is the station nearest to the office of the Federal Security Service (FSB) Russia’s intelligence service agency.
As of 7PM (GMT+8) the Moscow subway explosion death toll is now at 37, while the injured figures rose to 102, as per report of Yahoo News.
Russian officials theorized that the Moscow Subway Explosion was done by Chechen separatists, who have been waging a long internal struggle for independence from Russia.
Inquirer.net reported that a Filipina, Maria Aileen Ponting, was among those injured. The Philippines Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) announced that Ponting is safe as her injuries are not life threatening. DFA staffs are providing her needed assistance as per the statement released by the DFA.
Update 03.29.2010 10PM (GMT+8)
On the technology side of things, TrendLabs folks are seeing some incident wherein bad guys are utilizing this moscow bombing issue for their own nefarious deeds. I will post details here as soon as it is available.
I got this suspicious email below that is supposedly from a fellow pinoy blogger. I am posting the email scam here (deleting some personal details of the supposedly sender to protect his/her privacy) as an awareness campaign to all readers (especially those who might be in contact with the blogger) that there are some suspicious activity emanating from his/her mailbox.
Subject: URGENT HELP NEEDED!!!!!!
How you doing? I made a trip to London (United Kingdom) unannounced some days back, Unfortunately I got mugged at gun point last night! All cash, Credit card and phone were stolen, I got messed up in another country, stranded in London, fortunately passport was back in my hotel room. It was a bitter experience and i was hurt on my right hand, but would be fine. I am sending you this message cos i don’t want anyone to panic, I want you to keep it that way for now!
My return flight leaves in a few hours but I’m having troubles sorting out the hotel bills, wondering if you could loan me some money to sort out the hotel bills and also take a cab to the airport about (2500$). I have been to the police and embassy here, but they aren’t helping issues, I have limited means of getting out of here, I canceled my cards already and made a police report, I won’t get a new card number till I get back home! So I really need your help.
You could wire whatever you can spare to my name and hotel address via Western union:
Name: [Name Deleted]
Location:xxx, YYYYYY Avenue, Docklands, E14 2AA ,
London United Kingdom
Hope to read from you soon…….
Thanks and regards
And a second one
I am in a hurry writing this mail to you.I had traveled to London for an urgent situation and unfortunately for me all my money was stolen at the hotel where I lodged. I am so confused right now and I do not know what to do or where to go.and my phone has been stolen by the muggers but thank God I still have my passport saved and the hotel’s telephone lines was disconnected during the robbery incident so I have access to only emails. Please can you send me $1,750 today ? so that I can get my hotel bills settle and get myself back home.As soon as I get home I would refund it immediately.
I’m looking forward to reading from you soon.
Thanks and Regards,
To the scammer: your email scam is an UBER FAIL! I will not tell you why, so you better figure it out yourself.
To all readers: Beware of this email scam!!! If you receive the same email and you want to compare notes, feel free to drop me a note via my contact page.
My best guess is that the blogger was victimized via a phishing scam and his yahoo and gmail addresses are now compromised. I will try to post some related articles I got from security blogs and will do appropriate actions later.
This is a follow up post for my social city cheats post series.
In addition to the social city tips on Population, Factories, Planning, Friends, Neighbors, and getting free city coins and free city bucks, I did not cover one important tip on City Happiness. Before creating more population for your city you have to consider current happiness status of your city. How to check for this go to the face beside the name of your city
Just click this to view the city info
Make sure that your current population limit can still handle incoming residents. This City Happiness degrades over time, and you can improve it by cleaning leisure buildings and creating other leisure buildings and other terrains that helps boost happiness. Make sure that the city happiness status is either Bored or Happy.
You might be searching for some Facebook Social City Cheats and Tips. I will share some below.
But what is Social City? Social city is a game in Facebook designed by Playdom, the makers of popular games like Sorority Life, Tiki Farm, Tiki Resort and Mobster 2 Vendetta.
The objective of the game in Social City is to build a city by creating some buildings and factories and improve the population and income of your city. In the tradition of my six cafe world cheats, six petville cheats, six fishville tips, six ninja saga tips, my six mybrute tips, my six hotel city cheats, my six tagalog love quotes and my free six video posts, I am sharing some six cheats and tips about the game Social City.
1. Factories. Factories are the main source of Social City Coins. To have a healthy source of Social City Coins, you should max out the number of factories available for your population and make sure that when you create contracts, you can claim them at the contract finish time. The product in the contract expires after some period (these is like dishes in cafe world the spoils and get wasted after some time) so make sure you go online when your contracts are done.
2. Population. Population is a pre-requisite for number of factories that you can have. So make sure your population is increasing steadily (or aggressively) to have more factories. More factories mean more social city coins and more social city coins mean more money to spend on buildings and this means faster leveling.
3. Planning. Plan your Facebook online time and create buildings and contracts accordingly. This is one Social City tips is very critical so that you will enjoy the game while have good results. What I mean by planning your Facebook online time is that if you go online Facebook very much often (I call this the facebook-addict mode) then create residential units and factory contracts can produce population and products in short time (minutes). If you are a casual Facebook user, try the buildings and products that finish in several hours (examples is 6-8 hours residential buildings and contracts).
4. More Friends, More Neighbors. Social City is a social game so add up your friends and family members in Facebook and interact with them. Neighbors are required for expanding city limits (city area) and the more neighbors means more city area which means more places to create buildings and factory. Visit the cities of your neighbors it gives out free city coins.
5. Want free City Coins and free City Bucks? This is easy, just click on the Get City Bucks tab (the tab between invite friends and help on the upper portion of the game screen. OK here is the paid one:
Via paypal and credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover)
Other options that can give free city bucks
Just check the lower portion. Just after the PayPal and credit cards, there are lots of categories out there that is giving away free city bucks that can be used in the Social City game.
6. And last but not the least: Do Not Cheat! Why? Like what I advised on my other facebook games posts: Cheaters never win!. Social City is a fun game, and there is no need to cheat. Also I highly recommend that you DO NOT run executable programs that promises to will do some cheat engine codes and tricks. Many sites are offering these kinds of cheats tools cheat engines are deceptive and it is better to stay on the safe side. If you cannot determine if the cheat engine is good or bad (by knowing exactly what the file is doing on the code level (via reverse engineering, system monitoring, etc.) then do not try to run it in your computer. There are a lot of malware, spyware, keyloggers, fake antivirus programs and Trojan downloaders out there in the Internet that are may harm your PCs and you might get unlucky but being tricked on using them. So my advise is to be better safe than sorry!
This is my first time to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. Just like last year when I had my first Cinco de Mayo celebration, I’m here again with our US AV Team and this time it’s for St. Patrick’s Day. Some of my office-mates wore something green; a manager from our sales team even dressed himself as a leprechaun! Cool!!!
They decorated our pantry and they served cool shamrock shaped cookies:
And some sweet green cupcakes
And some some choco cupcakes too
Even if my sked was a little bit tight, I tried to enjoy the day and it was a fun experience. Here is my St. Patrick goody:
I left California today. I had a great time there in Cupertino (and nearby) areas doing mostly office-related stuffs, eating and dining, meeting old friends and making new ones, watching the Pacquiao and Clottey match with the pinoy dudes and dudettes in the Bay Area. I will miss my ride to office (sorry I forgot to take a pic, but I’ll find some and post it here).
I’m in Arlington, Texas now. First time here in Texas so this visit is really an adventure. I’ll post some adventure stories soon.
I have a lot of backlog posts here in my blog (RSA 2010 experience security related stuffs) and I hope I can post some more soon!
Update 03.13.2010 6:30PM PST
Try www.ilemi.com. Its like streaming video.
I will be watching the Pacquiao vs Clottey Live via PPV later at my friends house. But to those who want to watch Watch Pacquiao vs Clottey Online may try it via sopcast. I have watched the Pacquiao vs Cotto via sopcast so I know this sopcast thing works. But for the sopcast links I am not sure, but I found some info from my fellow blogger/friend Ark. To quote the sopcast channels you can try: