I’m happy that the passport renewal and application system in the Philippines is an efficient one 🙂
I renewed my passport early this month and the process was smooth:
1. I called their hotline +632 737 1000
- A customer service agent assisted me on the steps. The agent told me the requirements that I need to prepare. If you want you can fill up the form via internet or do the question and answer portion during the call
- I chose to give the details over the phone. Details provided are those found in the application form (Name, Address and other usual stuffs)
- The agent repeated the details and asked for confirmation. We also scheduled 2 dates:
- Date for the courier to pickup the requirements (can be the day after the call or it can fit to your availability)
- Date for the personal appearance in Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) in Pasay City. Again this date can be scheduled to fit your availability).
2. During the requirement pickup date, a courier from 2GO arrived and picked up the requirements. He asked me to check the correctness of the application form, affix my thumb mark on the papers and get the payment (1,300 pesos).
3. During the personal appearance day in DFA, an agent from Teleserv assisted me from the main gate and led me to the designated waiting area. No need to bother the fixers and shouters along Libertad Street 🙂 . Another agent asked me to take a seat and wait. I waited for around 1~2 minutes in the waiting area then another agent called my name and assisted me affix my signature and thumb mark to the forms. Total stay time in the DFA compound is 5 minutes.
4. The new passport and the old passport arrived in the office 8 days later. A courier from 2GO delivered it and the guard on duty from our office handed out my authorization letter and receipt.
Total days spent: from the telephone call to passport delivery: 12 working days. Hassle free. I’m very satisfied with their service so I’m blogging about it here 🙂
For more details visit their site here.