HP7: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 at SM MOA IMAX Review
We watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 at the IMAX Theater at SM Mall of Asia last Saturday.
We enjoyed the movie and I am happy to write my own review so in tradition of my six new Philippine money, my six foursquare cheats, my six tagalog love quotes and my free six video posts, here are some six comments and review of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 movie.
Image Credit: Warner Bros. Pictures/Wikipedia.org/boxofficemojo.com
1. Special Effects. The movie has great special effects and this I guess this was amplified by 3D and IMAX experience. I personally like the Gringrotts train scene, the Hogwarts statues come alive scene, the magical fortification of Hogwarts, the defeat of Bellatrix and Tom Riddle effects and of course Nagini munching on Snivellus . I highly recommend viewers to watch this movie in 3D.
2. Captured Emotions. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 movie have captured the high emotions of the book and the story. Yes, HP7 is not all fun but I am glad that the HP7 part 2 of the movie focused on many emotions of the movie and hopefully have successfully conveyed them to the viewers.
3. SM IMAX Movie Reservations. The whole July 16 and 17 (Saturday and Sunday) were already sold out when we are claiming our tickets. We are happy that we got our tickets in advance via calling the SM Cinema Hotline and paying for it in the SM Mall near our home. This is really convenient and hassle free and I believe SM IMAX has other movie reservation system, which I will post in my blog in the future.
4. Other SM IMAX perks. SM Mall also has some booth/showing area that showcased some costumes worn by Harry Potter characters, movie posters of previous Harry Potter films and other Harry Potter stuff. This attraction definitely is a plus (its Kodakan time :p ) for Harry Potter fans especially kids and kids at heart
On the other side of the review:
5. Less Fight Scenes. I was expecting more fight scenes but was a little bit disappointed (but this is fine I guess). I recall the previous HP movies wherein there was a great fight scene at the Ministry of Magic and I was expecting some epic fight scenes in this HP (was seriously expecting to see that the Centaurs and the house elves led by Kreacher join in the fracas at the last part).
6. “Bitin” – Too Short. I understand that the movie creators cannot possibly put all details of the book into 2-part movie. I also know this is part 2 already but honestly we (and I guess a lot of viewers) are bitin. I checked with IMDB that the HP7 Part 2 is around 2 hours and 10 minutes (while the part 1 was almost 2 hours and a half) and I don’t know if the creators can cram some parts and add more juicy bits of the book and extend some 10 to 20 minutes of Harry Potter excitement and fun!
Overall it’s a great movie and we highly recommend that you watch too
I heard that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 already made some $476M during its screening which is really cool! I believe some awards will be coming in and movie box office records will be broken… soon.
That’s all for now! Hope you find my Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 review interesting.